LOVE RELATION ENDS, THE NOTION OF LOVE NOT.
KEREMCEM: „The land from Topkapı Palace is mine„ (remark in the series)
◊ The last series, ’OHB’ , had four seasons. Shortly after the end, you started shooting for ‘Two liars’. Why haven’t you taken a break?
– This series is my manner to liberate from drama. In the ‘O Hayat Benim’ I felt I had been given a high dose of drama. Weapons, tears, blackmail and death in 131 episodes. The morning when it ended, I said „From now on, I shall accept a new scenario only if it is a romantic comedy.„ And tonight I received a call from Gani Müjde.
◊ An obsolescence of the image doesn’t scare you?
– If you look downward when you are up, you are scared and if you are scared, you fall. And I also believe that my image is unobsolete.
◊ You have also dedicated yourself to singing, but people talk about you more as an actor. This bothers you?
– I used to be bothered. There were times when I felt like betraying the music. But no, my motto in life is: „Life is what happens to you while you make plans„
◊ However, you play in general romantic characters. Aren’t you tired of this image of naïve man?
– One of the two liars of this series is Serkan. It would be ignorant to classify him as naive. Anyway, we should not define a character as being romantic, naive, good or bad.
◊ An evasive answer… I was referring to you. To Keremcem the man behind the perception of „Seignior„…
– This doesn’t bother me because I like respectable people. From several points of view, I share this trait. But if I were to describe myself, I wouldn’t call myself a „seignior„ because I know much about myself.
I feel happy to have known a woman like Ezgi
◊ After the separation from Ezgi Asaroğlu you continued to play in the series the role of the lover. Didn’t you find it difficult to do it?
– None of us is an actor who mingles relation or separation with work.
◊ After the separation, you stopped talking. Why did the relation end?
– None of us turned our relation or separation in a social material. During the four-year marathon of ‘O Hayat Benim’, Ezgi was for me the highest support, an actress that made be proud to work with and the woman I felt happy to have known. In what concerns me, her value hasn’t and won’t be lost.
◊ Are you going to be more prudent with love relations on plateaus?
– I don’t like the expression „love on plateaus„. This means that when you know someone at the bar is called „bar love„? I am completely against this kind of classifications.
◊ One year before ending the relation with Asaroğlu, you passed through a divorce. All these have alienated you from love?
– Love relations end, the notion of love not.
(explanation: this means that a relation ends, but you may fall in love again)
◊ The idea of marriage is far from now on?
– The marriage with Seda failed, it wasn’t a bad marriage. Her joviality, her manner of perceiving life, the friendships she has left me, all has significantly influenced me. The idea of marriage is at the same distance as it was before getting married. The only difference is that I am a little more experienced. With a marriage behind…